Executing this shot is a must in every chance that you will get because the success rate is almost 100% so you do not need to worry about the risks. There are a lot of times wherein you will feel too lazy to execute it and you will just execute a net drop. This is very wrong and you have just wasted a chance to win a point. The main of objective of this shot is to win you a point instantly.
These are some tips on why and when to use the badminton net kill:
- Use this if the shuttlecock is still above the net.
- Use this if you want to win a point instantly.
- Use this to leave a fiercer impression to your opponent.
- Use this to pressure your opponent`s mind.
- Use this to scare your opponent.
These are some tips on how to execute the badminton net kill:
- Hit the shuttlecock just after it passes the net.
- Be aggressive.
- Lunge forward and land on your dominant foot being in front and your other foot at the back.
- Land your last step before hitting the shuttlecock.
- Use a short backswing.
- Hit the shuttlecock in a downward trajectory.
- Aim for the opponent`s body or at the sides of the court.
- The upper portion of your racquet arm should move while your elbow is locked.
- Execute the shot with a fast flick of the wrist so that the shuttlecock will not go out of the court.
- Do not do a follow through because you might touch the net. Instead, retract your racquet to avoid it.
- Return to your base afterwards.
Feel free to ask questions by commenting below.